WELCOME TO NATIONAL ADOPTION DAY
National Adoption Day is a collective national effort to raise awareness of the 129,000 children in foster care waiting to find permanent, loving families. National Adoption Day has made the dreams of thousands of children come true by working with policymakers, practitioners and advocates to finalize adoptions and find permanent, loving homes for children in foster care.
Since 2000, the goal of National Adoption Day has been that every community in the U.S. will have an annual, institutionalized, self-driven celebration of National Adoption Day on or near the Saturday before Thanksgiving, which can include finalizing adoptions of children from foster care and celebrating all adoptions. In total, more than 25,000 children have been adopted from foster care on National Adoption Day. This year National Adoption Day will be held on November 21, 2009.
Follow Us on Twitter! See below for the latest updates.
- Los Angeles will host the 2009 National Adoption Day Celebration on November 20th! Los Angeles is where NAD first started in 1999! 13 days ago
- RT@TiffanyPR MSNBC is discussing U.S. children in foster care. Tons of children are waiting to be adopted. 13 days ago
- Hey all city event planners, don’t wait too long…Start registering your 2009 NAD events today! 61 days ago
- Submit your adoption story! Check it out at: http://bit.ly/WsBry 82 days ago
- Check out the Dave Thomas Foundation’s Exec Director, Rita Soronen, dispelling adoption myths with Fox News: http://tinyurl.com/clwx2u 137 days ago