Skip to content
- Don’t be a whiner. Nobody likes a whiner, not even other whiners.
- Don’t make running your life, make it part of your life.
- When doing group runs, start on time no matter who is missing.
- Don’t compare yourself to other runners.
- When standing in starting lines, remind yourself how fortunate you are to be there.
- The faster you are the less you should talk about your times.
- Don’t always run alone.
- Don’t always run with people.
- The best runs sometimes come on the days you didn’t feel like running.
- Be modest after a race, especially if you have reason to brag.
- All runners are equal; some are just faster than others.
- There are no short cuts to run excellence.
- There is nothing boring about running, there are, however, boring people who run.
- Look at hills as opportunities to pass people.
- Don’t try to out run dogs.
- With out goals, training has no purpose.
- Go for broke, but prepare to be broken.
- Unless you make your living as a runner, don’t take running too seriously.
- Runners who never fail are runners who never tried anything great.
- Running is simple. Don’t make it complicated.