In July the Youth are traveling to Atlanta to volunteer with several Mission Ministries in the Inner City and Atlanta Urban Ministries is one of them. Here is a little bit about the ministry.
What We Do
Action Ministries is a unified family of ministries with programs in communities throughout North Georgia — Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Decatur, Gainesville, and Rome.
Our services include case management, supportive services, education, transitional housing, food and feeding, and residential addiction treatment. We also have Transitional Housing sites in communities throughout the region.
If you’d like to be a part of the team that helps Action Ministries pull people back from the brink of hunger, homelessness, and addiction, we can help you get started immediately.
Back From the Brink;
- Assist staff in the collection, processing, and distribution of donated items
- Provide and serve meals at one of the community kitchens
- Donate food, clothing, furniture, bikes, or school supplies
- Help with maintenance and upkeep of program houses, offices, and grounds
Equipping to Prosper;
- Use your expertise and passion to help by participating in training sessions for adults and children
- “Adopt” families or children for special occasions like Christmas, Easter, or birthdays
- Sponsor educational, advocacy, and fundraising events
- Serve as an Action Ministries liaison at your church or office